If your lawyer is not doing their job you should bring this to their attention. Provide your lawyer with an opportunity to address your concerns. If your lawyer is unable to do so, terminate your relationship with them in writing. Have your previous lawyer removed as your counsel of record and arrange to have your file materials returned to you.